Are you one of the inspiring, unique picture book artists we are looking for? If so, please send us three of your most unique illustrations that together tell a story.
- The story might already exist or be one of your own. Include the text that goes with each illustration and give a short synopsis (not more than 250 words of the whole story). Send it as a Word document.
- The illustrations should not have been published before.
- Any technique or medium could be used.
- You may enter only if you have not published an entire picture book with a trade publisher before. You are, however, allowed to enter if you have published educational books or other forms and genres before (e.g. in a poetry anthology, adult fiction, book covers, etcetera).
- Illustrators from countries other than the United Kingdom, South Africa, Germany and the Netherlands and Belgium are also allowed to enter for the competition by uploading to any of the organising countries. For the sake of easy communication for all jury members, your text has to be in English.
Upload your entry, with accompanying text, before June 30st 2018. If you pass the first (digital) selection, you will be asked to send us hard copies of your work.
A professional jury will select the three best entries in the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa, Germany and the United Kingdom. The results will be announced on wwpbic.com in June 2018. Winners will be informed by email.
Picture this! is an initiative of Lemniscaat Publishers (NL) and the International Centre for the Picture Book in Society (GB). The competition is supported by Protea (ZA), Walker Books (GB), Boje Verlag (DE), Lemniscaat Publishers (NL) and the International Centre for the Picture Book in Society (GB).